[infinispan-dev] Retrieving value before write

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 11:08:29 EDT 2013

I agree, and I could have sworn there was a JIRA that detailed this,
but I can't seem to locate it now.  I was hoping to get to it next
release.

This also is a very big improvement for non tx caches as well as the
updating cache only has to send a single message, possibly reducing
the overall amount of required JGroups messages by a third.  Although
the amount of bytes reduced is only a fixed amount less.

Also it would make the consistency more correct since right now there
is technically a window where you could have 2 concurrent updates but
only 1 sees the correct returned value.