[infinispan-dev] design for cluster events (wiki page)

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 03:10:20 EDT 2013

Just to clarify, can you comment on whether the statements below are true ?

#1 When mode=repl is used, the event itself is never broadcast; it is
always local and no communication is needed

#2 when mode=dist, is the event broadcast synchronously or
asynchronously, can this be configured ? I think it doesn't make sense
to broadcast the event synchronously in dist-async, for instance.

Regarding #2: if this mechanism is used unwisely, a user can destroy all
the advantages (perf) brought by DIST by causing a broadcast for every
update. Is there anything to prevent this (e.g. a sanity check at startup) ?

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)