[infinispan-dev] TimedOutExceptions from CassandraCacheLoader

James Aley james.aley at swiftkey.net
Tue Sep 10 06:15:13 EDT 2013

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the most appropriate list - please let me know if this
question is best asked elsewhere!

I'm using Infinispan's Lucene Directory with a Cassandra CacheStore backing
it, version 5.3.0.Final. Everything seems to be more-or-less working fine,
except for some kind of apparent race condition on start-up.

At the first point where my code accesses the InfinispanDirectory, I get
usually get a Cassandra TimedOutException from the Client.get() operation
in the CacheLoader. I've been googling around and all the suggestions on
the web (relating to using Cassandra directly) don't seem particularly
relevant, as the most common cause is reading too much data in single
operations. This is merely a 32kb read.

I was wondering if the problem is that my code is supposed to somehow wait
for the Cache instances to be "ready" before using them? Is there some kind
of listener I'm supposed to use to be notified of the Cache being ready for
read operations?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James.