[infinispan-dev] TimedOutExceptions from CassandraCacheLoader

James Aley james.aley at swiftkey.net
Tue Sep 10 12:12:14 EDT 2013

Solved - turned out to be an issue on the Cassandra side.

For the benefit of the list, in case anyone is Googling and has the same
problem...

I searched to logs and found some failing assertions in
/var/log/cassandra/system.log on some of the nodes in the cluster. Turns
out this bug was the issue:

I've followed the workaround of disabling the key cache to workaround the
issue until there's a fix. For anyone following that workaround - you'll
need to update your schema to disable the key cache to start with, then run
nodetool invalidatekeycache to make sure anything current cached on each
node is evicted before the changes take effect. Also, if your app is still
running and has pooled connections that have received TimedOutExceptions
previously, you'll need to reload it as those connections will be hanging
around in a bad state.

James.