[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server playing catch up :(

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 03:30:45 EDT 2013

Hey,

Infinispan Server CI is failing because REST cache store is not installed. I guess we need to modify the CI script to build REST cache store before hand too? [1]

Also, while trying to replicate some JIRAs in Server, I've spotted two errors [2] and once that was fixed by adding the dependency to the testsuite pom, then [3]. The fix is simple, just add these dependencies to testsuite/example-configs/pom.xml:

      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.infinispan.protostream</groupId>
         <artifactId>protostream</artifactId>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.infinispan</groupId>
         <artifactId>infinispan-remote-query-client</artifactId>
      </dependency>

However, this is very frustrating and slows down resolution of other issues. This fix is something that should have done when remote querying was added, but it wasn't because the CI/PR integration didn't caught it.

So, we need to rethink CI/PR integration in such way that whenever a PR is sent to infinispan/infinispan, all potentially depending CIs need to run, which are:
- infinispan/infinispan
- infinispan/infinispan-server
- infinispan/cachestore-*

Until that happens, infinispan/infinispan-server and infinispan/cachestore-* are always gonna be playing catch up :(

WRT REST cache store dependency miss, when a PR is sent to infinispan/infinispan-server, it probably needs to build (but not test) infinispan/infinispan and infinispan/cachestore-* to make sure all the latest artifacts are available.

Does this make sense? Is this doable in our TeamCity installation?

Cheers,

[1] http://ci.infinispan.org/viewLog.html?buildId=3141&buildTypeId=bt11&tab=buildLog
[2] https://gist.github.com/galderz/61985831e87780cb2ca2
[3] https://gist.github.com/galderz/6897fd8ddfa187754b36