[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Server playing catch up :(

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Sep 13 06:10:11 EDT 2013

On Sep 13, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Adrian Nistor <anistor at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Galder,
>
> Regarding those two dependencies, the issue appeared after I've made infinispan-remote-query-client optional in HotRod client this week (see email with subject "HotRod client dependencies in 6.0.0.Alpha4" [1]).
>
> To fix this now we need to add infinispan-remote-query-client dependency in testsuite/example-configs/pom.xml as you said, but I don't think we need to add protostream explicitly because that is a transitive dep of
> infinispan-remote-query-client.

^ That might cos of the order in which errors appeared.

Also IIRC, transitive dependencies might disabled in AS-based builds.

> So the real problem here is that infinispan-remote-query-client is not actually optional. I believe RemoteCacheManager or RemoteCacheImpl still has a hard dependency to it. Will investigate asap.

I think you might be missing the point of my email focusing on the specific issue discovered.

Regardless of what the problem is underneath, anything that's not infinispan/infinispan is lagging behind when it comes to finding issues with code submitted by people. That's what really needs addressing, indepedent of the individual issues.

Cheers,