[infinispan-dev] Why no JGroups 3.5.0.Beta1 yet?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Apr 1 19:11:31 EDT 2014

In Hibernate Search we worked around the multicast problem by dropping
the need for multicasts:
essentially all our tests are now using SHARED_LOOPBACK and
SHARED_LOOPBACK_PING.

But before that decision, Hardy had made the following interesting
solution for our Maven build.
Having agreed that this is not a JGroups bug but rather a weird
configuration on apple machines, we'd expect apple users to have to
fix their routing table; this would need some appropriate instructions
in the usual places, but the patch below also provides for a user
friendly error message to those who might not have set it up:

https://github.com/hferentschik/hibernate-search/commit/d207ba088f8bec5d09bbcf77c9b4fdd6571034ef

We choose for the simplicity of the in-JVM loopback tests as we build
on top of Infinispan, and trust you guys to deal with the network
complexities, but I think Hardy's solution might be a good fit to be
applied to Infinispan?

Cheers,
Sanne