[infinispan-dev] Distributed index?

Gustavo Fernandes gustavonalle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:28:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as we've discovered some imperfections in current distributed index
> implementation, I'd like to know whether it could be possible to store
> on each node only index of those entries that are primary-owned on that
> node. Then, each query would be broadcast to other nodes and the results
> would be merged.

Hi,

Have you tried the ClusteredQuery feature introduced on [1]?

If you set index = LOCAL in the cache indexing config, only local entries
will be indexed
and then using a ClusteredQuery (see example in [2]), the query is executed
on all all nodes,
results are collected and merged before returning to the caller. Pagination
and Sorting should
be supported as well.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-200
[2]