[infinispan-dev] JIRAs for a 7.0.3 release

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 08:52:53 EST 2014

Hi all,

this is the current status of the 7.0.x branch:

ISPN-5027     OutOfMemoryError in entry retriever when state transfer
chunk size is Integer.MAX_VALUE
ISPN-5053     Modules inheriting directly from the BOM use Java 1.5
ISPN-5008     7.0.x missing cachestore-remote and extended-statistics
modules
ISPN-5007     Enhance the distribution script to detect missing artifacts
ISPN-5052     Lock timeout details prints out null for local locks
ISPN-4989     infinispan-transport thread name is undefined
ISPN-5030     NPE during node rebalance after a leave
ISPN-4975     Cross site state transfer - status of push gets stuck at
"SENDING" after being cancelled
ISPN-4444     After state transfer, a node is able to read keys it no
longer owns from its data container
ISPN-4979     CacheStatusResponse map uses too much memory
ISPN-4949     Split brain: inconsistent data after merge
ISPN-3561     A joining cache should receive the rebalancedEnabled flag
from the coordinator.
ISPN-5000     Cleanup rebalance confirmation collector when node is not
coord
ISPN-5040     Upgrade to JGroups 3.6.1.Final
ISPN-5011     CacheManager not stopping when search factory not initialized
ISPN-5048     Relocate some imported packages in uberjars and remove any
javax.* classes
ISPN-4948     Package embedded CLI as uberjar
ISPN-5017     Include the CLI uberjar in the distribution zip
ISPN-5029     Infinispan 7.0.2 not fully backwards compatible with 6.0.x
ISPN-5026     The Infinispan 7.0.2's GUI demo cannot be properly
launched in Windows 7
ISPN-5018     Add test for protobuf marshalling of primitives
ISPN-5006     Upgrade to Hibernate Search 5.0.0.Beta3
ISPN-5005     Upgrade to Hibernate HQL Parser 1.1.0.Beta1
ISPN-5032     Create dedicated GetCacheEntryCommand to simplify code and
save memory on GetKeyValueCommand

The remaining wishlist items are:

ISPN-4546     Possible stale lock when the primary owner leaves during
rebalance
ISPN-4586     Too many OutdatedTopologyExceptions in non-transactional
caches
ISPN-5037     Do not replicate value from backup owner
ISPN-5042     Remote gets caused by writes could be replicated only to
the primary owner
ISPN-5076     Pessimistic transactions can lose their locks when the
primary owner changes
ISPN-5088     Deleted entries from (FineGrained)AtomicMap reappear in
subsequent transaction

which I have tagged with the label "7.0".
It seems like ISPN-5088 has a chance to be fixed quickly and since I'd
like to do a 7.0.3 sooner rather than later we'll wait for that and then
release. Anything else can be postponed to 7.0.4 or 7.1.0.Final (which
is due by Jan 31).

Tristan

Tristan Tarrant
Infinispan Lead