[infinispan-dev] JIRAs for a 7.0.3 release

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Dec 19 09:55:49 EST 2014

It's possible I could get you an upgrade to Hibernate Search
5.0.0.Final & related HQL Parser 1.1.0.Final soon, but I'm currently
in trouble with regressions of the Infinispan testsuite.

@Pedro, that draft commit you had sent me made wonders. You think you
could finish that and get it integrated?
Until that's solved I'm not going to bother spending time on Infinispan ;-)

On 19 December 2014 at 13:52, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
> "SENDING" after being cancelled
> ISPN-4444     After state transfer, a node is able to read keys it no
> longer owns from its data container
> ISPN-4979     CacheStatusResponse map uses too much memory
> ISPN-4949     Split brain: inconsistent data after merge
> ISPN-3561     A joining cache should receive the rebalancedEnabled flag
> from the coordinator.
> ISPN-5000     Cleanup rebalance confirmation collector when node is not
> coord
> ISPN-5040     Upgrade to JGroups 3.6.1.Final
> ISPN-5011     CacheManager not stopping when search factory not initialized
> ISPN-5048     Relocate some imported packages in uberjars and remove any
> javax.* classes
> ISPN-4948     Package embedded CLI as uberjar
> ISPN-5017     Include the CLI uberjar in the distribution zip
> ISPN-5029     Infinispan 7.0.2 not fully backwards compatible with 6.0.x
> ISPN-5026     The Infinispan 7.0.2's GUI demo cannot be properly
> launched in Windows 7
> ISPN-5018     Add test for protobuf marshalling of primitives
> ISPN-5006     Upgrade to Hibernate Search 5.0.0.Beta3
> ISPN-5005     Upgrade to Hibernate HQL Parser 1.1.0.Beta1
> ISPN-5032     Create dedicated GetCacheEntryCommand to simplify code and
> save memory on GetKeyValueCommand
>
> The remaining wishlist items are:
>
> ISPN-4546     Possible stale lock when the primary owner leaves during
> rebalance
> ISPN-4586     Too many OutdatedTopologyExceptions in non-transactional
> caches
> ISPN-5037     Do not replicate value from backup owner
> ISPN-5042     Remote gets caused by writes could be replicated only to
> the primary owner
> ISPN-5076     Pessimistic transactions can lose their locks when the
> primary owner changes
> ISPN-5088     Deleted entries from (FineGrained)AtomicMap reappear in
> subsequent transaction
>
> which I have tagged with the label "7.0".
> It seems like ISPN-5088 has a chance to be fixed quickly and since I'd
> like to do a 7.0.3 sooner rather than later we'll wait for that and then
> release. Anything else can be postponed to 7.0.4 or 7.1.0.Final (which
> is due by Jan 31).
>
> Tristan
>

> On 16/12/2014 11:03, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>> While we are on a wish list for 7.0.3.
>> We have found a regression from Infinispan 6 on (FineGrained)AtomicMap that is seriously impacting Hibernate OGM.
>>
>> ISPN-5088
>>
>> We should get this one quickly to avoid people tripping over the concurrency concern the workaround implies.
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>>> On 15 Dec 2014, at 21:50, Erik Salter <an1310 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a few more that might be candidates for the 7.0.x branch.  The
>>> critical ones (for me) have to do with state transfer and locks.  Some of

>>> ISPN-5030
>>> ISPN-5000
>>> ISPN-4546
>>>
>>> There are a few optimizations. ISPN-5042, in particular, seems like a
>>> quick win.  For ISPN-5037 and ISPN-5032, I'll probably implement on my own.
>>>
>>> Also under the heading of optimizations -- one thing that's a real problem
>>> with my cache configuration is the verbose nature of
>>> OutdatedTopologyExceptions.  They're thrown as RemoteExceptions, which
>>> cause stack traces all over the place when a NonTx cache retries its
>>> operation.  (These actually crashed an indexer on my analytics engine
>>> during a performance state transfer test.)  Also, if the key ownership
>>> hasn't changed, why throw them at all?
>>>
>>> ISPN-4695
>>> ISPN-4586
>>>
>>> (If I'm on Santa's naughty list, I may have a crack at implementing them.)
>>>
>>> There are a few minor cosmetic things that are easily ported.
>>>
>>> ISPN-4989
>>> ISPN-5040