[infinispan-dev] Ditching ASYNC modes for REPL/DIST/INV/CacheStores?

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Sun Feb 2 05:33:51 EST 2014

At the JGroups level, ASYNC generates *less* traffic than SYNC. So if
you do sync under the cover and use a future to make it async at the API
level, you're incurring more overhead, namely the messages sending back
the responses.

Not sure about the Infinispan async API, but I'd assume this would also
use more threads.

Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)