[infinispan-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] Module jars dissapearing leaving empty classes/ folders and errors

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 08:47:54 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04 Feb 2014, at 13:50, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > Narrowing down the list now, since this is a problem of how our CI is
> doing builds.
> >
> > These logs are retrieved from [1].
> >
> > Dunno how our CI is configured but this is odd. Seems like the build is
> halt due to test failures, but it continues somehow? I mean, the jars are
> not being produced properly, but the build is not halting.
> >
> > We run the build with -fn (fail-never), so the build should never be
> halted because of a test failure. The configuration is here:
> http://ci.infinispan.org/admin/editRunType.html?id=buildType:bt8&runnerId=RUNNER_1
>
> ^ That's not working as expected, see the build log, my snippets...etc.

Sorry, I didn't understand what's happening in those snippets. All I saw
was an Ant script that doesn't do what it's supposed to do :)

I did see some differences in the configuration between the JDK6 and the
JDK7 builds:
* JDK7 uses -fn and JDK6 uses -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore
* JDK7 uses -nsu (no snapshot updates), JDK6 doesn't

I've changed both builds to use -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore and -nsu, let's
see how it goes.

> > It's about time we did the following:
> > 1) Any test failures should halt the build there and then. IOW, do not
> continue the build at all.
> >
> > Will having 100 tests in one run and 2000 tests in another really help?
>
> As you disable randomly failing tests, and do not integrate commits making
> the testsuite fail, these number should even out.

Not integrating commits that fail every time is easy, not integrating
commits that fail randomly (maybe only in some environments) is trickier.

> > 2) Any tests that fail randomly should be disabled.
> >
> > Let's go ahead and disable all the server tests then? ;)
>
> Those server tests that are randomly failing should be disabled and looked
> at. Those tests that are failing as a result of container not starting are
> side effects of things not working properly, and these should not be
> disabled.

Why treat the tests that are failing because of a build problem
differently? What about the tests that fail only on IBM JDK6?