[infinispan-dev] ClusteredListeners: message delivered twice

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 05:40:43 EST 2014

Hey Will,

With the current design, during a topology change, an event might be delivered twice to a cluster listener. I think we might be able to identify such situations (a node becomes a key owner as a result of the topology change) and add this information to the event we send, e.g. a flag "potentiallyDuplicate" or something like that. Event implementors might be able to make good use of this, e.g. checking their internal state if an event is redelivered or not. What do you think? Are there any other more-than-once delivery situations we can't keep track of?

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)