[infinispan-dev] MapReduce limitations and suggestions.

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:43:36 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Vladimir Blagojevic <vblagoje at redhat.com>wrote:

> On 2/19/2014, 8:22 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:
> >

> > Sorry, I didn't get too much from that example either, I gave up after
> > the second "registering is fun" popup :)
> >
> > One last question: with Hadoop I imagine it's quite easy to leave the
> > results of the M/R job on the distributed FS and start a new job to
> > M/R from that. Do you think it would be important to offer something
> > similar in Infinispan (i.e. put the result of the reducers in a cache
> > instead of returning it to the user)?
> >

> This is on our todo list https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4002

Cool, I thought I saw it somewhere but I didn't get to actually search in
JIRA for it :)

Vladimir, what do you think about the partitioning/sorting/grouping stuff?
I'm not sure if it should be a priority for us: there are certainly Hadoop
jobs that use those and would be pretty tricky to translate to our API, but
on the other hand I'm sure most jobs are ok with an unordered Map<K, V> as
the output.

Cheers
Dan