[infinispan-dev] RadarGun 1.1.0.Final released

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 09:40:41 EST 2014

Hi all,

it has been a long time since last release of RadarGun. We have been
using it intensively and developed many new features - 1.0.0 had 7,340
lines of Java code, 1.1.0 has 32,978 lines. RadarGun has become
multi-purpose tool, used for checking both performance and functionality
of caches under stress.

During 1.1.0 development, most parts of code changed beyond the beyonds,
but we tried to keep the old configuration compatible. However, the
design started to be rather limiting, and therefore, we have decided to
make the last release for 1.1.0 and move on to RadarGun 2.0.0. In 1.1.x
branch we will provide bugfixes, but all new features should go to 2.0.0.

Some decoys for features expected for RadarGun 2.0.0:

* non-homogenous clusters: client/server setups, cooperation of
different versions of products, or easy setup of cross-site deployment
with different configurations
* abstracting from cache wrapper: you will be able to use RadarGun for
more than just caches without any hacks
** current CacheWrapper interface will be designed to match JSR-107
javax.cache.Cache rather than java.util.Map
* pluggable reporting: statistics will be directly multiplexed to
configured reporters (again, without cheating on directories), reporters
will provide the output formatted as CSV, HTML or even can deploy the
results to external repository
* merging local and distributed benchmark -> master + single slave
within one JVM
* better property parsing: evaluation of expressions, property
replacement executed on slaves

I hope you will like it! And enjoy 1.1.0.Final release now.

Radim

------
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com> JBoss DataGrid QA