[infinispan-dev] Dropping AtomicMap/FineGrainedAtomicMap

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 06:28:45 EST 2014

Hi all,

Dropping AtomicMap and FineGrainedAtomicMap was discussed last week in the F2F meeting [1]. It's complex and buggy, and we'd recommend people to use the Grouping API instead [2]. Grouping API would allow data to reside together, while the standard map API would apply per-key locking.

We don't have a timeline for this yet, but we want to get as much feedback on the topic as possible so that we can evaluate the options.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-3901
[2] http://infinispan.org/docs/6.0.x/user_guide/user_guide.html#_the_grouping_api
galder at redhat.com