[infinispan-dev] Store as binary

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 10:48:04 EST 2014

OK, I have results for dist-udp-no-tx or local-no-tx modes on 8 nodes
(in local mode the nodes don't communicate, naturally):
Dist mode: 3 % down for reads, 1 % for writes
Local mode: 19 % down for reads, 16 % for writes

Details in [1], ^ is for both keys and values stored as binary.

Radim

[1]
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jdg-radargun-perf-store-as-binary/4/artifact/report/All_report.html

On 01/20/2014 11:14 AM, Pedro Ruivo wrote:

> On 01/20/2014 10:07 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>> Would be interesting to see as well, though performance figure would not include the network latency, hence it would not tell much about the benefit of using this on a real life system.
> that's my point. I'm interested to see the worst scenario since all
> other cluster modes, will have a lower (or none) impact in performance.
>
> Of course, the best scenario would be only each node have access to
> remote keys...
>
> Pedro
>
>> On Jan 20, 2014, at 9:48 AM, Pedro Ruivo <pedro at infinispan.org> wrote:
>>
>>> IMO, we should try the worst scenario: Local Mode + Single thread.
>>>
>>> this will show us the highest impact in performance.
>> Cheers,

Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss DataGrid QA