[infinispan-dev] New Cache Entry Notifications

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 12:48:09 EST 2014

Hello all,

I have been working with notifications and most recently I have come
to look into events generated when a new entry is created.  Now
normally I would just expect a CacheEntryCreatedEvent to be raised.
However we currently raise a CacheEntryModifiedEvent event and then a
CacheEntryCreatedEvent.  I notice that there are comments around the
code saying that tests require both to be fired.

I am wondering if anyone has an objection to only raising a
CacheEntryCreatedEvent on a new cache entry being created.  Does
anyone know why we raise both currently?  Was it just so the
PutKeyValueCommand could more ignorantly just raise the
CacheEntryModified pre Event?

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

 - Will