[infinispan-dev] Dropping AtomicMap/FineGrainedAtomicMap

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 05:27:48 EST 2014

I think it's way too early to discuss removing FineGrainedAtomicMap and
AtomicMap, as long as we don't have a concrete alternative with similar
properties.

Cache.getGroup(groupName) is just a method name at this point, we don't
have any idea how it will compare to AtomicMap/FineGrainedAtomicMap from a
transaction isolation or performance perspective. BTW, do we really need
the group name to be a String?

A good way to prove that the grouping API is a proper replacement for the
atomic maps would be to replace the usage of atomic maps in the Tree module
with the grouping API. Unless we plan to drop the Tree module completely...

Cheers
Dan