[infinispan-dev] LevelDB & expirationQueue

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Thu Jul 10 06:23:27 EDT 2014

Hi,

I found a couple of issue with the expirationQueue in leveldb.

AFAIK, this queue has the goal to avoid 2 writes to leveldb per
infinispan write. correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, it is drain when the eviction thread is trigger (every minute by
default).

#1 the queue is is only drained when the eviction thread is triggered.
It is difficult to configure a queue-size + wake-up interval for all the
possible workloads.

A possible solution is to use an internal thread in LevelDBStore to
drain this queue.

#2 It is possible to write to leveldb asynchronously. So why can't we
remove the queue? Do we have some performance numbers that shows a
degradation without the queue?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Pedro