[infinispan-dev] Multicast routing on Max OS X

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Sat Jul 12 05:25:58 EDT 2014

I think the alternatives for running the Infinispan test suite wrt
multicasting are:

- Use of 127.0.0.1 and ip_ttl=1. This ensures that multicast traffic is
local to the machine on which the test suite is run. This is a good idea
anyway, also for other operating systems. I believe this is already done

- Use of a real IP address and ip_ttl. This would allow the test suite
to work without any routing table changes, as the default route
(0.0.0.0) is used, and it usually points to en0

- Check if there's a multicast route defined before running the test
suite (via a script?) and issue a warning if there isn't... ?

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)