[infinispan-dev] minutes from the monitoring&management meeting

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:55:42 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org>
wrote:

> On 28 July 2014 17:24, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. Configuration inheritance: I would go further and allow the
> definition of
> > "configurations" that cannot be started, only inherited from.
> > 2. Replication queue: I discussed an upgrade to the replication queue
> with
> > Will, similar to JGroups' TransferQueuBundler [1]. It does raise an
> > interesting point about why we need the same functionality both in
> JGroups
> > and in Infinispan, though...
> > 3. I think ClusterLoader is still useful in invalidation mode, and also
> > replication mode w/out state transfer ("lazy" state transfer).
>
> What's the use case for asking for REPL but not caring for actual REPL?
> In such use case I expect data to be either very uninportant (other
> than performance-wise) or persisted to a shared cachestore: I'd use
> Invalidation, L1 and maybe even disable state transfer.

Invalidation mode doesn't have L1, ClusterLoader is the closest equivalent.

I'm guessing replication - state transfer + ClusterLoader would perform
more or less like regular replication + state transfer, but without the
delay when bringing up a new node. Invalidation mode has the downside that
application writes invalidate the key on all nodes, so the next read for
that key will be slow.