[infinispan-dev] DIST-SYNC, put(), a problem and a solution

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 06:05:42 EDT 2014

Quick update.

Even when I changed the number of segments from 60 (default) to 1000 (on
Dan's suggestion), I still got lock aquisition timeouts with regular TXs
and in the TX-less case, too.

<hash numOwners="2" numSegments="1000"/>

With total order, I had not single issue in a couple of runs, one of
them on 500 nodes with 200 requester threads each (100'000 threads) !

I didn't go back and measure performance of total order with 1000 segments.

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)