[infinispan-dev] Issue with JGroups config files in ispn-core

Martin Gencur mgencur at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 01:36:10 EDT 2014

On 12.6.2014 20:14, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> On 12/06/14 18:46, Dennis Reed wrote:
>> +1 to changing the name/directory.
>> -100 to changing the order of where it's looked for instead.
>>
>> All resource lookups should use the normal rules for finding resources.
>> Don't change standard behavior without a *very* good reason.
>>
>> Doing anything special (like META-INF/_internal/jgroups-udp.xml) is
>> completely non-intuitive
>> and will cause support issues down the road.
>> Using config/jgroups-udp.xml is standard, and would be immediately
>> understood by anyone.
>>
> Users don't even need to know that META-INF/_internal/blah actually
> exists. It is just an internal detail when using the "default" (i.e.
> just enable clustering without explicitly specifying a configuration file).

My understanding was that users just take an example config. file (i.e.
jgroups-udp.xml), copy it into their application and modify. That's how
users get the same name for their configuration file as the default. So
in this case, they might find it again, even in
META-INF/_internal/jgroups.udp.xml :)

Martin