[infinispan-dev] Infinispan embedded off-heap cache

cotton-ben ben.cotton at ALUMNI.RUTGERS.EDU
Fri Mar 7 11:36:25 EST 2014

Thank you for this insight Mircea ...

Ultimately ... I want the OpenHFT SHM off-heap operand to behave
*exactly* like a JCACHE ... Amenable to being soundly/completely
operated upon by any/all parts of ISPN7's Impl of the JSR-107 API .

Musing openly:  Won't that (eventually) necessitate me physically
implementing javax.cache.Cache ?
/
//> ////Another way to do it is to have CacheImpl implement the
DataContainer only, and then configure Infinispan's JCache
implementation to use that custom DataContainer.

/I see what you mean.  OK, for sure, this sounds much simpler than what
I have put on my initial TODO list.

Question:  Will doing it this way  in any manner suggest that my JSR-107
specific operators are  being transitively "brokered" by the ISPN config
onto my OpenHFT SHM operand? If possible, I want everything to be direct
-- no API bridge.

Thanks again, Mircea.

-Ben and Dmitry

Sent from my iPhone