[infinispan-dev] Learning ISPN7 DataContainer internals ... first steps

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 06:16:42 EDT 2014

On 15/03/2014 03:11, cotton-ben wrote:
> We are of course very newbie wrt to ISPN7 DataContainer internals.  Before
> we get into building and testing compelling exercises and hardening the
> OffHeapDefaultDataContainer,  would you please comment wrt to your view that
> this seems like the correct first steps?
>
> https://github.com/Cotton-Ben/infinispan/blob/master/off-heap/src/main/java/org/infinispan/offheap/OffHeapDefaultDataContainer.java

Ben, make sure that all possible user-configurable parameters are
extracted appropriately. What happens if I start multiple caches on the
same /dev/shm/offHeapSharedHashMap.DataContainer ? Do they share the
memory ? If this is not possible, I suggest concatenating the name of
the cache to the name of the file.

Tristan