[infinispan-dev] Fwd: Infinspan configuration Distributed Node with distributed index and HotRod usage

Guillaume terral guillaume.terral at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 06:45:36 EDT 2014

Hello Infinispan Dev Team,

After several days of testing and research with Sanne Grinovero, he asked
me to send an email to this mailing list to expose you my issue with I
nfinispan.

I'm actually working on a project to build an infinispan cluster with the
following requirement:

- Clustered nodes in Distributed mode

- Usage of HotRod to send and query data from the cluster

- Low latency for read and write

- Distributed lucene index

- JGroups back-end

I posted the configuration i have for my cluster and for the hot rod client
on a github under:

https://github.com/guillaumeterral/infinispan-test

You will see a little readme explaining how to use this java project.

I faced some issues along my development,

What i noticed is:

If i remove the line *
.transaction().transactionMode(TransactionMode.NON_TRANSACTIONAL)*, I have
good latencies showed in the statistics MBean for averageWritingTime but I
get an unstable cluster with the following issues:

- lock issue, one node lock the index and try to write in it, at the same
time another node is trying to lock the index, this behavior lead to a lock
timeout.

- send message timeout, some node timeout to send message to others, i was
not able to understand the root code.

- compound file not found, this appears only if I use compound file
(default behavior) I think those errors are due to previous ones.

But with a non transactional cluster i get a pretty stable cluster but with
really bad latencies (~ 1.5s) showed in the cluster and in the GUI client i
wrote, this client is not present of GitHub I can push a console client on
demand if you want.

We tried to investigate the issue with Sanne, but across IRC it's not that
easy.

Could you provide me some help/advice, we are really motivated to use
Infinispan
and to give you some feedback on it, especially the HotRod client/server
component.

We plan to test Infinispan 7.0 and provide you some feedback when we will
complete our requirements on Infinispan 6.0 cluster.

You can join me at this mail adress at any time, or contact me on IRC
(#infinispan) my nickname is guillaume__ , i'm almost always connected on
it.

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume