[infinispan-dev] Why no JGroups 3.5.0.Beta1 yet?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Mar 24 19:47:04 EDT 2014

I'm wondering what the plans are around updating JGroups. I'd like to
update Search to use the latest JGroups 3.5.0.Beta1, but:
 - no good for us to strive ahead of Infinispan as we need to test
them all aligned
 - there's an "interesting" situation around JGRP-1808: doesn't work
on a Mac unless you reconfigure your system for proper multicast
routes

I'm hoping someone who cares about it to work on Mac to take ownership
of it, as it doesn't affect me but it's quite annoying for other
contributors.

There are many interesting performance improvements in this release,
so I'm surprised it wasn't eagerly adopted.

Sanne