[infinispan-dev] OSGi

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 27 05:28:05 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

Sanne and Hardy are working on the OSGi-ification of Hibernate Search and it does not come without trouble.

Who is leading this effort on the Infinispan side? I recommend you start early in a release cycle because you will have to butcher APIs and packages to do it properly. Worse, you will suffer from you dependencies.

Brett has offered to help you but I know for sure he won’t lead it. He would be more like a good expect to talk to.
Bilgin has shown a Camel integration prototype but he also seemed to imply that he had some significant problems that needed Infinispan improvements.

Also, I’m not quite sure but looking at these Camel routes, they seem to be very URI driven. If we want to support query over a Camel route and express them via a URI, we will need a string based query language. I might be talking nonsense and somehow the query is written in Java. But better anticipate. Bilgin would know more, he has written in his demo CamelInfinispanOperationQuery after all :)

Emmanuel