[infinispan-dev] IRC weekly meeting log

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue May 27 07:08:18 EDT 2014

Thanks for the logs!
As someone was wondering: yes it was bank holiday in UK; so Mircea,
Gustavo and myself where offline.
Good because I think I forgot to tell Gustavo about our weekly
synch-up meeting :)

Little update on my area:

# Gustavo onboarding, he's starting with pull request reviews and a
Maven task as an appetizer: ISPN-4295
Adrian: feel free to ask his help (and reviews) to start engaging him
in our areas.

# Hibernate Search 5
I've rebased my experimental branch; there are painful problems around
the Distributed Query functionality, it relied on collections, helpers
and even concepts which are gone in latest Lucene. I'm attempting to
compensate for it with some ad-hoc crafted workarounds to avoid
disabling the tests and then take it from there but it did
significantly delay my plans, and have not resolved the full puzzle
yet.

I hope to get it into a decent enough shape to start collaboration,
but then I'll need help to update the other depending modules.

# Lucene Directory v4
The above update will allow us to drop Lucene3 support; I've found
some more very interesting reasons to do so: expect the Directory code
to be significantly simplified as we won't need chunking anymore;
which also implies we can drop readlocks and all the overhead done
today to emulate read isolation.

Cheers,
Sanne