[infinispan-dev] AsyncCacheWriter is dead

Andreas Kruthoff andreas.kruthoff at nexustelecom.com
Fri Nov 21 05:28:20 EST 2014

Hi dev

I'm running infinispan-7.0.1 (will soon upgrade to 7.0.2).

I've configured 2 distributed caches, both are similar.

Example cache1:
<distributed-cache name="infinicache-lbd-imei" mode="SYNC"
async-marshalling="false" owners="2"
     l1-lifespan="600000" l1-cleanup-interval="60000" statistics="false">
   <eviction strategy="LIRS" max-entries="20000000"/>
   <expiration max-idle="86400000" interval="30000"/>
   <persistence passivation="true">
     <file-store
         path="/data1/infini-lbd"
         preload="true" shared="true" purge="false">
       <write-behind/>
     </file-store>
   </persistence>
</distributed-cache>

Today, I've seen that one of the two caches suddenly doesn't exist
anymore somehow (JMX access to numberOfEntries returns nothing?!).

After looking into the application logfile, I've found this:

2014-11-19 13:45:47,310 ERROR
[AsyncStoreCoordinator-infinicache-lbd-imei] AsyncCacheWriter.java:267
ISPN000055: Unexpected error in AsyncStoreCoordinator thread.
AsyncCacheWriter is dead!
org.infinispan.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: ISPN000233: Waiting on
work threads latch failed:
java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch at 6e30928d[Count = 1]
         at
org.infinispan.persistence.async.AsyncCacheWriter$AsyncStoreCoordinator.workerThreadsAwait(AsyncCacheWriter.java:297)
~[infinispan-embedded.jar:7.0.1.Final]
         at
org.infinispan.persistence.async.AsyncCacheWriter$AsyncStoreCoordinator.run(AsyncCacheWriter.java:254)
~[infinispan-embedded.jar:7.0.1.Final]
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) ~[na:1.7.0_72]

No error before nor after this entry. It looks like it's related to
<write-behind/> to me, so I'll remove that setting.

But I'd like to write asynchronously for best performance.

Any help would be appreciated!

-andreas

This email and any attachment may contain confidential information which is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named above. If you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the email from your system. You are prohibited from copying, disseminating or otherwise using the email or any attachment.