[infinispan-dev] Failover Implementation with RANDOM_NODE_FAILOVER not working

rtom ryan.tom at viasat.com
Tue Nov 25 18:33:52 EST 2014

I'm trying to implement a basic failover policy for a cluster of 2 nodes.

The task that I want to run is a DistributedCallable object and I create a
DistributedTask for it. Based on the output files, the task is being run
correctly on the cluster (I would sometimes see it run on server 1 and other
times on server 2 and it completes).

I decided to go with the random node failover policy that is provided and
when the task is running and I kill the server that is running the task, I
don't see the other server picking up the task and running it.

I'm not too sure if I'm missing anything when I'm creating and executing the
distributedtask:

DistributedTaskBuilder<Boolean> taskBuilder =
execService.createDistributedTaskBuilder(usageReportingProcess);

taskBuilder =
taskBuilder.failoverPolicy(DefaultExecutorService.RANDOM_NODE_FAILOVER);

DistributedTask<Boolean> distTask = taskBuilder.build();

Future<Boolean> future = execService.submit(distTask);

Any insight or tips would be very helpful

Thanks!