[infinispan-dev] About size()

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Oct 7 09:16:06 EDT 2014

Considering all these very valid concerns I'd return on my proposal
for throwing runtime exceptions via an (optional) decorator.

I'd have such a decorator in place by default, so that we make it very
clear that - while you can remove it - the behaviour of such methods
is "unusual" and that a user would be better off avoiding them unless
he's into the advanced stuff.

As said before, that worked very well for me in the past and it was
great that - even while I did know - I had a safety guard to highlight
unintended refactorings by others on my team who didn't know the black
art of using Infinispan correctly.

Sanne