[infinispan-dev] About size()

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Oct 7 10:23:03 EDT 2014

On 7 October 2014 14:42, Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Considering the frequency of "How do I get the number of entries in
> cache", "How do I get all keys" on all forums, I think that backing to
> runtime exception would not satisfy the users.

Correct but when they get to ask the right question, that's usually
after several hours of debugging and swearing.
With an immediate exception, they get immediate advice and hopefully a
hint of where to look in the docs for the special methods like
statistics, disabling the exception-throwing decorator, or implement
their own M/R job with the exact flags they need.