[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 7.1 plan

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 04:39:49 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Vojtech Juranek <vjuranek at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 October 2014 12:46:42 Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> > I'm sceptical though on embarking into a PR process which assumes that
> > we're going to be able to keep the testsuite green just because we
> > decide so; let's first work on a green testsuite, and then proof that
> > we can keep it that way for a resonsable time..
>
> +1, green testsuite is a mandatory condition for any other action.
> Let's start with smaller steps - I'd propose to make green Master JDK 7
> first.

+1

> Currently [1] there fails these tests:
> * ExampleConfigsIT.testXsiteConfig       - should be fixed by PR #2973

Integrated

> * HotRodRemoteCacheIT.testPutAsync - I investigated it few days ago, it's
> IMHO a not a random failure but a regular bug - ISPN-4813

Does anyone volunteer for ISPN-4813?

> * HotRodRemoteCacheIT.testCustom*, testEven* - I'll volunteer on
> investigating this issue
> *  StateTransferSuppressIT.testRebalanceWith* - any volunteer for
> investigating this one?

I'll get this one, it might be related to the partition handling work.

There are a couple more failures in the last 5 days that we should probably
look at:
http://ci.infinispan.org/project.html?projectId=Infinispan&buildTypeId=bt8&page=1&tab=tests

> Once the root causes are investigated, we can fix the issues and try to
> keep this build green.
>
> > then we can talk about
> > building something on reliable foundations.
>
> actually, if there's a failing test and it's clear which commit has caused
> it, we can stop merging PRs from the developer
> who has introduced the regression until he fix it. This should be clear
> message, that the first thing he should
> work on is to fix the test. IMHO we can start with it now and don't need
> green testsuite for it

In theory that sounds good, but who do we stop merging for on account the
current failures? :)