[infinispan-dev] Should JMX size stat consider expired entries?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 11:58:13 EDT 2014

Hi all,

The reason [1] was failing was due a set of circumstances that essentially meant that JMX size statistic was counting expired entries.

We had a brief discussion on IRC and there’s some divergence on how precise JMX size stat should be [2].

I’m OK with expired entries being counted since that means that size is fast to retrieve that way. If you need to start calculating if each entry is expired…etc, it would slow it down.

However, if we go down that route, we need to change all tests that rely on JMX size stat for their assertions. There’s quite a few of those in the Server integration testsuite, e.g. AbstractRemoteCacheIT.

Thoughts?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4813
[2] https://gist.github.com/galderz/62ae5120f5ac50ceabef
galder at redhat.com