[infinispan-dev] PHP hot rod client

Albert Bertram bertrama at umich.edu
Thu Oct 30 06:42:54 EDT 2014

Hi,

A couple of years ago there were a few messages on this list about a
potential PHP Hot Rod client.  I haven't seen any further discussion of it,
but I find myself in the same situation described before: I want to have a
Drupal installation write cache data to Infinispan, and I'd prefer if it
could do it via the Hot Rod protocol rather than the memcached protocol.

I haven't seen any further evidence of the existence of a Hot Rod client
native to PHP out on the open web, so I wrote a small wrapper around the
Hot Rod C++ client which works for my purposes so far.  The code is at
https://github.com/bertrama/php-hotrod

I wanted to send a note to the list to ask a couple questions:

Would anyone else be interested in this php extension?

Are there client-oriented benchmarks I should run?  I looked around for
some, but didn't find any. Specifically, I want to compare performance of
this PHP Hot Rod client to the PHP memcached client when talking to the
same Infinispan server.

Thanks!

Albert Bertram