[infinispan-dev] Infinispan tutorial

Sebastian Łaskawiec sebastian.laskawiec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:49:02 EDT 2014

Hi Tristan!

I really like this idea!

Recently I've been studying Developer Materials for EAP and I noticed that
the page layout is pretty the same as Angular's (CDI example: [1] -
navigation on the left and topic on the top bar).

I'm just thinking - maybe we could place this tutorial in JBoss Data Grid
Quickstarts section [2]? It seems to be a perfect place for these kind of
materials.

Best regards
Sebastian

[1] http://www.jboss.org/quickstarts/eap/payment-cdi-event/index.html
[2] http://www.jboss.org/quickstarts/datagrid/

> Hi guys,
>
> I've been working on how to spruce up our website, docs and code samples.
> While quickstarts are ok, they come as monolithic blobs which tell you
> nothing about how you got there. For this reason I believe a
> step-by-step tutorial approach is better and I've been looking at the
> AngularJS tutorials [0] as good examples on how to achieve this.
> I have created a repo [1] on my GitHub user where each commit is a step
> in the tutorial. I have tagged the commits using 'step-n' so that you
> can checkout any of the steps and run them:
>
> git checkout step-1
> mvn clean package exec:java
>
> The GitHub web interface can be used to show the diff between steps, so
> that it can be linked from the docs [2].
>
> Currently I'm not aiming to build a real application (although
> suggestions are welcome in this sense), but just going through the
> basics, adding features one by one, etc.
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> Tristan
>
> ---
> [0] https://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial/step_00