[infinispan-dev] JBoss Modules: Unable to upgrade Hibernate Search to Infinispan 7.0.0.Beta2

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Sep 16 19:44:10 EDT 2014

Hi all,
during bootstrap of tests of the Hibernate Search modules on WildFly
8.1 (via Arquillian), when using Infinispan 7.0.0.Beta1 everything
works fine.

When upgrading to latest Beta2 - and no other changes - I get:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class
org.hibernate.search.util.impl.ConcurrentReferenceHashMap from class
org.hibernate.search.util.impl.Maps
    at org.hibernate.search.util.impl.Maps.createIdentityWeakKeyConcurrentMap(Maps.java:39)
[hibernate-search-engine-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:5.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
    at org.hibernate.search.event.impl.FullTextIndexEventListener.<init>(FullTextIndexEventListener.java:81)
[hibernate-search-orm-5.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:5.0.0-SNAPSHOT]

The code in Maps.java:39 is simply invoking the constructor of the
ConcurrentReferenceHashMap, which is public and located in the same
jar, in the same package.

It seems that the problem is that the infinispan module is now
depending on the infinispan-query module, which is depending on the
hibernate-search module distributed by the Infinispan project.
In other words, I'm having a duplicate of the Hibernate Search jars on
classpath, specifically an older version of what I'm aiming to test.

Ideas?

A workaround I could apply is to not use the modules published by the
Infinispan project and assemble my own modules, removing
infinispan-query and all other stuff I don't need, but I hope for a
better solution.

Ideally like Infinispan uses slot "ispn-7.0", which we download and
use, I think Infinispan should depend (and download) an Hibernate
Search specific slot, rather then re-bundling a specific micro version
without our permission :-P
Modules released by Hibernate Search are currently released using a
slot which matches exactly the release version (so
slot="5.0.0-SNAPSHOT" as built in this test), but I'd be happy to
change that to say "5.0".

Could we try that please?

-- Sanne