[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 7.0 feature freeze and future planning

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 11:31:59 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Infinispan 7.0 has been in development for over 9 months now and we
really need to release it into the wild since it contains a lot of juicy
stuff :)
For this reason I'm calling a feature freeze and all new features need
to be reassigned over to 7.1 or 7.2.

For the next minor releases I would like to suggest the following strategy:
- use a 3 month timebox where we strive to maintain master in an "always
releasable" state
- complex feature work will need to happen onto dedicated feature
branches, using the usual GitHub pull-request workflow
- only when a feature is complete (code, tests, docs, reviewed,
CI-checked) it will be merged back into master
- if a feature is running late it will be postponed to the following
minor release so as not to hinder other development

Suggestions, amendments to the above are welcome.

Thanks !

Tristan