[infinispan-dev] My weekly update

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 07:48:39 EDT 2015

Hi all,

unfortunately I cannot attend today's weekly update. So here it is
(together with the previous week, because we skipped last week's):

Galder and I had a very productive 4 day face-to-face at my place
talking about the Infinispan 8 API changes. We also met with Mario Fusco
of Drools and "Java 8 in Action" fame who gave us some really precious
suggestions. Galder has collected most of the ideas on the "cache" side
whereas I will soon write-up the plans for the "container".

As for coding, here's a breakdown by Jira:

ISPN-5355 - fixed: it was a bug lurking under some wrong assumptions in
the configuration inheritance code.
ISPN-5359 - removed some really old server parsers. We should actually
remove some more during the 8.x cycle.
ISPN-5147 - replaced all of the server attribute/add/remove handlers so
that we don't trigger a global "require-reload" from the server, but
just restarting the affected cache. I want to extend this so that server
attributes actually "know" whether a configuration attribute is runtime
modifiable so that we can apply it immediately.
ISPN-5351 - make sure that certain attributes get copied correctly
between configurations (especially TypedProperties)

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant
Infinispan Lead