[infinispan-dev] Question about Hibernate ORM 5.0 + Infinispan 8.0...

Galder Zamarreno galder at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 05:06:44 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On 31 July 2015 at 11:30, Dan Berindei <dan.berindei at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Sanne
> >
> > Does Hibernate really need to use the Infinispan test helpers? They
> > don't really do much unless you run the tests in parallel and you need
> > them to be isolated...
>
> Good point. I don't know why it's using them exactly, but I guess it's
> also to reduce thread pools and similar. We should ask Galder.

There's not much to say other than Hibernate 2LC uses test helpers to make things easier to test, e.g. create clusters more easily, use test ping, mbeans...etc.

> But I thought there was an intention to ultimately suggest Infinispan
> end users to use our test helpers for development too?

I talked about this in our last F2F, at some point we should create a testkit project with all the helpers...etc, independent of the testing framework used by the user. Right now, both set of helpers (test framework, and cache/cache manager creation ones) are bundled into one, and there's a fair bit of duplication around.