[infinispan-dev] Early Access builds for JDK 8u60 b26 and JDK 9 b75 are available on java.net

Rory O'Donnell rory.odonnell at oracle.com
Wed Aug 5 10:52:40 EDT 2015

Hi Galder,

Early Access build for JDK 8u60 b26 <http://jdk8.java.net/download.html>
is available on java.net, summary of changes are listed here.
<http://download.java.net/jdk8u60/changes/jdk8u60-b26.html?q=download/jdk8u60/changes/jdk8u60-b26.html>
As we enter the later phases of development for JDK 8u60, please log any
show stoppers as soon as possible.

Early Access build for JDK 9 b75 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/> is
available on java.net, summary of  changes are listed here
<http://download.java.net/jdk9/changes/jdk9-b75.html?q=download/jdk9/changes/jdk9-b75.html>.

With respect to ongoing JDK 9 development, there are two new Candidate
JEPs I'd like to draw your attention to.

Firstly, Mark Reinhold has put forward JEP 260: Encapsulate Most
Internal APIs to make most of the JDK's internal APIs inaccessible by
default but leave a few critical, widely-used internal APIs accessible,
until supported replacements exist for all or most of their functionality.

You can find the JEP here: http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/260 - and an
introductory e-mail and discussion thread on the OpenJDK jigsaw-dev
mailing list, starting at
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jigsaw-dev/2015-August/004433.html .
If you would like to provide additional feedback, please join the
jigsaw-dev mailing list, and contribute to the discussion there.

Secondly, Mandy Chung has put forward JEP 259: Stack-Walking API to
define an efficient standard API for stack walking that allows easy
filtering of, and lazy access to, the information in stack traces. You
can find the JEP here: http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/259 .

If you would like to provide feedback on JEP 259, please join the
OpenJDK core-libs-dev mailing list and contribute to the discussion there.

Finally, we are looking for feedback via a survey on Java Style
Guidelines Please see here for more details.
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2015-August/003766.html

Rgds, Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell