[infinispan-dev] Uber jars testing

Jiri Holusa jholusa at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 09:38:33 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm reopening this thread, because I want to share some ideas we gone through the past weeks. Just as a remainder, we've been exploring a way how to run the whole Infinispan testsuite with uber jars, giving us a real confidence in uber jars.

I've been experimenting with this a lot (actually only with one module - core) and I was able to run the testsuite with uber jars. However, there are some changes needed and the base cause is [1], please see Jakub's comment with detailed explanation. Long story short, the thing is that two instances of jboss-logging are present on classpath.

So the process I went through is:
1) build ISPN with exclusion of jboss-logging from uber jars
2) change dependency in core/pom.xml from infinispan-commons to infinispan-embedded
3) run the testsuite of core

The thing is that I have to remove the jboss-logging from uber jars because of [1] and hence I'm asking. Do you think that there is a possibility how to solve this issue? To be honest, I don't really see a way. Logically, the jboss-logging has to be in the uber jar, since this is its primary purpose (to reduce number of dependencies for user to add and Infinispan needs it) and it also has to be present in core/pom.xml because ISPN uses it extensively and without it, the core will not compile.

Let me enhance the question. Do you think [1] could be somehow solved, so we wouldn't have to do this manual hack?

Thanks,
Jiri

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-5193