[infinispan-dev] org.infinispan.notifications.cachelistener.filter vs org.infinispan.filter

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 03:57:16 EST 2015

Hey Will,

I wanted to ask you about the classes in org.infinispan.filter package.

I thought we agreed to get rid of these duplicate classes before 7.0.0.Final:
- org.infinispan.filter.Converter
- org.infinispan.filter.KeyValueFilter
- ... and related classes

The reason being that we pretty much had the same classes in org.infinispan.notifications.cachelistener.filter package.

Both set of classes were added in 7.0, so there's no reason why we should have left both sets around :|

These latter classes provide more information, but it can confuse users to decide which filters/converters to use where and how.

Am I missing something here?

We would not be able to remove anything now, but we should deprecate what should not be used.

galder at redhat.com