[infinispan-dev] Student / Contributor projects

Tomas Sykora tsykora at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 23:55:03 EST 2015

Hello :)
As one of those who successfully used Infinispan related topic for diploma thesis I am a big fan of this initiative.

Radim had an idea about capturing, visualizing and storing a history of inter-node communication. I personally feel that Infinispan Management Console could be possibly the right "platform" where to gather, store and visualize such a kind of information. This can also be used for demonstrative purposes (but not only!).

Maybe we would need "a hook" from JGroups (other components?) to gather needed data more easily. Radim's intention was mainly driven by the idea of having ability to see inter-node communication clearly in order to be able to find corrupted message/data flow and spot complicated bugs while one does not need to grep through gigabytes of text-logs.

I can definitely do a research about what is possible, what would be needed and provide more information or even define the topic of diploma thesis itself in the future. Then I can try to ask students at faculty if anyone would be interested.

Thanks!
Tomas