[infinispan-dev] Distributed Streams

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 14:30:04 EDT 2015

On 10/07/2015 00:10, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
>> After the discussion we started in Galder's PR's comments [1], I
>> started thinking that we should really have a stream() method directly
>> in the Cache/AdvancedCache interface.
>
> ^ I don't think that's a good idea. A stream of what? keys only? values and keys?
>
> In the end you'd end up with 2/3 stream methods....

I agree with Galder here: streams only apply to Collections and not to
Maps (like in the JDK). It has already proven difficult mimicking the
Map interface in a distributed environment: let's not aggravate this.

entrySet().stream(), keySet().stream() are unambiguous and respect the
original interfaces.

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant