[infinispan-dev] Question about Hibernate ORM 5.0 + Infinispan 8.0...

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Jul 29 18:09:50 EDT 2015

On 29 July 2015 at 22:08, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:
> On 29 July 2015 at 21:58, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:
>> With Paul's HHH-9999 fix, we can now compile and pass the ORM tests with
>> Infinispan 7.3.x.  We can also compile Hibernate 5.0 against Infinispan
>> 8.0.0.Beta2 but get ORM test failures http://pastebin.com/T2Yt3gdn
>
> Let me guess.. you expect Infinispan 8 to parse configuration files
> meant for Infinispan 7?

I was wrong, the problem is caused by this commit, which makes
Infinispan now very picky on not having used AbstractInfinispanTest as
a base class:
 https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/commit/c9dfb

Hibernate uses the Infinispan core testing helpers, but doesn't use
TestNG so I'm not sure what the best solution is here.
Should we set the thread name consistently in all Hibernate tests too?
Seems quite pointless, the tests aren't run in parallel either.

Could the helper be made a bit more tolerant for other use cases? Or
maybe I should add a system property to have it change behaviour?
I'd prefer to set the system property for Infinispan's own use, and
default to lenient so that other people can reuse the helpers w/o
these contraints.

Thanks,
Sanne