[infinispan-dev] missing "int org.infinispan.configuration.cache.EvictionConfiguration.maxEntries()" & NoSuchMethodError running hibernate-infinispan tests with Infinispan 7.2.1

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri May 15 13:16:50 EDT 2015

On 05/15/2015 12:43 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> Yes the hibernate-infinispan module will need maintenance as usual,
> but don't bother to update Infinispan in Hibernate 4.3, as WildFly 10
> has to have Hibernate 5.

This is a valid choice but also means that Infinispan 8 will not work
with WildFly 10, if Hibernate 5 is not ready in time for the WildFly 10
release.  I think that we all probably heard that WildFly 10 is supposed
to be a short release.  Perhaps the involved project leads should
discuss this (Infinispan/HibernateOrm/WildFly) and sync up on scheduling
so there are no surprises/last minute integration efforts.

> We can focus on the hibernate-infinispan module in branch master only
> (Hibernate 5), but also let's try to not realize update needs last
> minute.

To me this is more of a personal preference on how the one person that
knows how to do the integration (between Infinispan/Hibernate), does
their work.  But, sure, lets "try".  Perhaps keeping a
hibernate-infinispan branch up to date Infinispan changes, would be
helpful.  Galder, I hope these suggestions are helpful and not as
annoying as I suspect they may be. ;)