[infinispan-dev] Distributed Streams

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:52:42 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know I wrote up a design documenting the successor to
EntryRetriever, Distributed Streams [1] !

Any comments or feedback would be much appreciated.

I especially would like targeted feedback regarding:

1. The operators forEach and peek may want to be ran locally.  Should we
have an overridden method so users can pick which they want?  Personally I
feel that peek is too specific to matter and forEach can always be done by
the caller locally if desired.
2. The intermediate operators limit and skip do not seem worth implementing
unless we have sorting support. (Sorting support will come later).  I am
thinking to not support these until sorting is added.

Thanks,

 - Will

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/wiki/Distributed-Stream-Support